LIVE Program Partnership
Visit at Partner Site
During their two-year training, the LIVE students have the opportunity to visit our associated partners. The education programme will include three compulsory visits at S1, S2 and S3. The visits can include conference or practical work that will be evaluated in related teaching units. In addition, we will offer to coordinate group visit on sites for the concerned students, in agreement with their wishes and our capacities (or those from the students) to finance the travel. We intend to be reactive to the curiosity and the interest developed by our students for the industrial world, due to our rich partnership. One of the strength of our education programme is the access to three big pharma companies, leaders in vaccines and strongly associated to the LIVE: GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines, Sanofi Pasteur and Merial.
Structural role of the non-academic partners in the teaching programme
- At S1, Stallergenes, SMC specialised in R&D for vaccine development against allergy participate to the course and vaccine application in this immunopathological topic.
- At S2, GSK Vaccines welcomes the LIVE students two weeks on their production chain in Belgium; although most of the LIVE programme is dedicated to human vaccines, Merial, leader in animal vaccines and Immunovalley, a consortium of over forty scientific and business partners operating in The Netherlands at the interface of human and animal health are involved in infectiology courses related to vaccines for animal diseases and nutrition.
- At S3, Bioaster, Fondation Mérieux, Intravac, Merial, Pfizer, Platine, Sanofi Pasteur, Stallergenes, Transgene, Vaccine Formulation Service and Virbac are involved in the teaching units related to Research, Clinical and Industrial Vaccinology. Sanofi-Pasteur and Merial welcomes the LIVE students on their production site in France. Regarding transferable and multidisciplinary skills, Bioaster, Fondation Mérieux, GSK Vaccines, Intravac, Platine, Sanofi Pasteur, Vaccines Europe, Vaccine Formulation Service and World Health Organisation provide practice on industrial technical platform or are involved in the teaching unit on advertisement on vaccines and public health. Vaccines Europe is particularly interested in the MOOC on vaccines. This association of the EU vaccine industries will help us to drive and financially sustain this project, made by the LIVE students, supervised by professors in basic science and by CNRS research director in social and human sciences (vaccine & society).
- At S4, Bioaster, Fondation Mérieux, GlaxoSmithKline, Intravac, Lyon Biopole, Merial, Pfizer, Platine, Sanofi Pasteur, Stallergenes, Transgene, Vaccine Formulation Service and Worl Health Organisation are committed in specific contributions that cover: professional tutorship for Master thesis and 6-month internship, welcome of students for a site visit, make an oral presentation of their site.
- Finally, after LIVE awarding, private companies consider graduate students for employment, and/or for fund a PhD position. 15 PhD funding are engaged in the letters of commitment.
LIVE Partnership: 47 Institutions ranked by category
- 15 Clin_Res, clinical and/or research centre;
- 7 HEI, high education institutions;
- 6 Industry_BPC, big pharma companies;
- 7 Industry_SMC, small and medium size companies;
- 12 Org, foundations and other organization.