VaxInLive 2018 Symposium
For its 4th Edition, the VaxInEu Symposia become the VaxInLive Symposia, to underline the participation of the first promotion of the Master LIVE Students.
VaxInLive 2018 Leading International Vaccinology Education: LIVE!
Grand Amphithéâtre de l'Université de Lyon, 90 rue Pasteur, 69007 LYON - FRANCE
Tuesday 9th January 2018
CLOSED SESSION for ACADEMIC ISSUES with present and future Partners of the Master LIVE EMJMD project 2018
Interested in the LIVE family? Please download the complete Jan 9-11 Conference Program to see the aims of this session
Wednesday 10th January 2018
GENERAL OPEN DAY: BEST WISHES FOR 2018!
To download the Jan 10 programme only, click the PDF button:
- 08.45 – 09.00 Welcome
Frédéric Fleury, President of the Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL) and Vice-President of the University of Lyon (UdL), in charge of the Academic Strategy, Lyon, France.
Christine Delprat, Erasmus+ Mundus JMD LIVE Coordinator, Professor of Immunology, UCBL, Lyon, France.
Session 1: Ongoing R&D in The Vaccinology Field
Chairwoman: Yvette van Kooyk
- 09.00 – 09.30 Christelle Faveeuw, Inserm Senior Researcher, Institut Pasteur de Lille, CNRS, Lille, France.
Enhancement of adjuvant functions of Natural Killer T cells for anticancer immune therapy
- 09.30 – 10.00 Yvette van Kooyk, Professor in Molecular Cell Biology, Head of Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
DC targeted vaccines for cancer immunotherapy
- 10.00 – 10.30 Tobias Kollmann, Professor of Infectious and Immunological Diseases, University of Βritish Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
Small Sample - Big Data: System Vaccinology applied to early life
10.30 – 11.00: Coffee Break
Session 2: Respective Roles of Drugs, Vaccines & Host-Directed Therapy
Chairman: Stefan H. Kaufmann
- 11.00 – 11.30 Maria Elena Bottazzi, Professor of Biology, Associate Dean of the Baylor College of Medicine National School of Tropical Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.
The Road from Basic Biology to a Vaccine against drug-resistant parasite
- 11.30 – 12.00 Jean-Daniel Lelièvre, Professor of Infectiology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomédicale, Créteil, France.
Therapeutic vaccines and immunological interventions in HIV infection: a paradigm change
- 12.00 – 13.00 Stefan H. Kaufmann, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, Charité University Hospital Berlin, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin, Germany.
Keynote Lecture: How to tackle the most successful pathogen on earth: Role of biomarkers, host-directed therapy and vaccines
13.00 – 14.30: Lunch Break
Session 3: Novel Vaccine Platforms & Technologies
Chairwoman: Ana Lucia Nascimento
- 14.30 – 15.00 Ana Lucia Nascimento, Senior Researcher, The Butantan Institute, São Paulo, Brazil.
Functional genomics for the identification of targets involved in Leptospira-host interactions
- 15.00 – 15.30 Jean François Mayol, Head of R&D in vitro, Amal Therapeutics, Genève, Switzerland.
Cell penetrating peptides and TLR peptide agonist: the Swiss army knife of cancer vaccines
- 15.30 – 16.00 Simon Graham, Research Director, The Pirbright Institute, Senior Lecturer within the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey, England, UK.
Design and evaluation of biomimetic particulate formulations of viral antigens as veterinary vaccines
16.00 – 16.30: Coffee Break
Session 4: Current Challenges in Vaccination
Chairman: Alain Fischer
- 16.30 – 17.00: Kate Seib, Research Leader, Institute for Glycomics, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
Vaccine development for the highly variable pathogenic Neisseria
- 17.00 – 17.30: Angus Thomson, Head of Vaccine Confidence and Coverage, Global Public Affairs at Sanofi Pasteur, Marcy L’Etoile, Lyon, France
Sustaining trust in vaccination in a “post-fact” world
- 17.30 – 18.30: Alain Fischer, Professor of Pediatric Immunology, Head of Department, Pediatric Immunology and Hematology Unit, Necker-Enfants malades Hospital, Collège de France, Paris, France.
Keynote Lecture: A public health policy for vaccination: persuasion or coercion
General open day conclusion
Oliver Perez Howell, João Pereira Bonifácio Lopez, Deeva Uthayakumar, Nayab Waheed, Laura Ilogu, Olga Lugovska & Sergio Linares Fernandez, the junior VaxInLive 2018 organizing managers, from the promotion Edward Jenner EMJMD LIVE 2016-18, UCBL, Lyon, France.
Thursday 11th January 2018
CLOSED SESSION for NON-ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIP ISSUES with present and future Partners of the Master LIVE EMJMD project 2018
Interested in the LIVE family? Please download the complete Conference Program to see the aims of this session
- 09:00 – 10:30 General presentation of the Master LIVE and evolution for the 2018 EMJMD LIVE project
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 – 13:00 Presentations from the participants and general discussion. The program is built according to the registered participants
- EMJMD Project conclusion
VaxInLive 2018 Symposium: The 2018 symposium is realized thanks to the financial support of the (i) IDEXLYON Project of the University of Lyon within the framework of the Investissements d’Avenir (ANR-16-IDEX-0005) and the (ii) Erasmus+ Mundus JMD LIVE project funded by the European commission (EACEA-2015-2323).
Master LIVE: The Master LIVE is co-funded by (i) the five main partner universities: Universitat de Barcelona, Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, Universiteit Antwerpen, Université Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne and Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (Coordinator), (ii) the European commission (EACEA-2015-2323 project), (iii) Sanofi Pasteur LIVE (2016-2017 agreements), (iv) Institut Mérieux (2016-2017 agreements), (v) Fondation Mérieux (2016 agreement) and (vi) IDEXLYON of the University of Lyon within the framework of the Investissements d’Avenir (ANR-16-IDEX-0005 Project).
The VaxInLive 2018 Organizing Committee: Oliver Perez Howell, João Pereira Bonifácio Lopez, Deeva Uthayakumar, Nayab Waheed, Laura Ilogu, Olga Lugovska & Sergio Linares Fernandez the junior organizing managers, from the promotion Edward Jenner EMJMD LIVE 2016-18; Claire Douet, assistant manager; Dr Thomas Stratmann (UB), Pr Paz Martinez (UAB), Pr Peter Delputte (UAntwerpen), Pr Stéphane Paul (UJM), Local Coordinators & Pr Christine Delprat (UCBL), EMJMD LIVE Coordinator.